All moving companies and consultants are not the same. When it comes to moving your life’s possessions you want to be confident the company you choose will be reliable and trustworthy.
Here are 21 questions you should ask before you choose your mover.
Ask Questions About the Company
- How long has your company been in business?
- What awards or certifications has your company earned?
- Is your company a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- What is your company’s qualification process for hiring employees? Drug screening? Background check?
- Who will be available if I need assistance after normal business hours?
- Who, within your company, will coordinate my relocation?
- What type of shipment tracking is available? Can you access it online?
Ask About the Consultant
- How long have you been with your company?
- Have you earned any industry certifications?
- How do I know I can trust you as my consultant?
Questions About the Bid
- How does pricing work in your industry?
- Does your estimate include an inventory of goods that you have agreed to move?
- Does your estimate include a list of services that you will provide?
- Is this a firm price? What items are NOT included in this bid?
The Move Itself
- Do you use full-time employees or contract labor?
- What motivates your movers so that they do their very best?
- If I have damage or something is missing, how do you handle my claim?
- What steps will be taken to protect my home?
- How will you protect my belongings from damage?
- What is the best time of the month to move and why?
- How do you make sure I receive good service at my destination?
You can find a downloaded resource of this article here.