As part of our effort to ensure a convenient and stress-free move for all our customers, we have developed the following list of tips and disclosures to help you properly prepare for moving day.
Please read through the following document carefully and be sure to pack and prepare your shipment in compliance with all requirements below. It is one simple thing you can do to make your move easier right from the start.
- Prior to the packer’s arrival, place any items not intended for transport in a safe area.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be emptied, defrosted and wiped out 48 hours prior to loading.
- All items in the attic, crawl space or temporary storage must be brought to an accessible area for the driver.
- We are not allowed to remove any permanently affixed items: carpeting, electrical or plumbing fixtures, shelving, etc.
- All walkways and driveways must be clear of snow, ice, mud and other hazards prior to our arrival at your residence.
- Keep children and pets in a secure area while movers are packing, loading and delivering your goods.
- If an appliance is going to be moved please follow these instructions. Washers, dryers and icemakers must be disconnected and serviced before the driver arrives, unless contracted with your move consultant to handle disconnect services.
- Specialty beds, pendulum clocks, pool tables, hot tubs and flat screen televisions require special packing or servicing. Please make sure the mover is aware of your plans to move these items so proper preparation can be provided.
- We do not recommend transporting firearms in the moving van. If firearms are transported, the Brady Bill requires that the make, model and serial number be listed on the inventory. The customer must check off each item on the inventory at delivery and initial acknowledging complete receipt of goods.
- The driver cannot transport ammunition.
- Vehicles and boats should have all personal items removed prior to transport.
- Power equipment (such as lawn mowers) should be drained of all fuel and oil.
- Remove printer ink cartridges and copier toner.
You can download and print a copy of this resource here.