All moving companies and consultants are not the same. When it comes to moving your life’s possessions you want to be confident you know how to choose a moving company that will be reliable and trustworthy. Here are 21 questions you should ask before you choose your mover.
Top Questions to Ask a Moving Company:
Ask About Their Moving Company History
- How long has your company been in business?
- What awards or certifications has your company earned?
- Is your company a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- What is your company’s qualification process for hiring employees? Drug screening? Background check
- Who will be available if I need assistance after normal business hours?
- Who, within your company, will coordinate my relocation?
- What type of shipment tracking is available? Can you access it online?
Questions to Ask a Moving Consultant.
- How long have you been with your company?
- Have you earned any industry certifications?
- How do I know I can trust you as my consultant?
Questions About a Moving Bids.
- How does pricing work in your industry?
- Does your estimate include an inventory of goods that you have agreed to move?
- Does your estimate include a list of services that you will provide?
- Is this a firm price? What items are NOT included in this bid?
Questions About the Moving Process.
- Do you use full-time employees or contract labor?
- What motivates your movers so that they do their very best?
- If I have damage or something is missing, how do you handle my claim?
- What steps will be taken to protect my home?
- How will you protect my belongings from damage?
- What is the best time of the month to move and why?
- How do you make sure I receive good service at my destination?
Download and print this questionnaire to help you choose a moving company!