Looking for some fun things to do in West Texas? Then, you have come to the right place! Let’s take a closer look at three of the major markets in the West Texas Region. Those are El Paso, Lubbock, and the Midland/Odessa area.
Fun Things to Do in El Paso, TX
El Paso offers an abundance of attractions and a variety of fun things to do that will appeal to the entire family. From its museums and art galleries, which are deeply steeped in both traditional and modern history and culture, to its entertainment venues and everything in between, El Paso has it all!
Here are some great places to explore in El Paso:
- The Agave Rose Studio & Gallery displays works by both up-and-coming and established local artists from the area. It offers a wide range of media, such as ceramics, paintings, sculpture, photography and jewelry.
- Ascarate Park is the largest public-use recreational park in El Paso County. You can spend the day boating, fishing, golfing, or a number of other recreational activities.
- Chamizal National Memorial is part of the Texas Park Service, and it’s where culture and history come to life. It serves as a reminder of the harmonious settlement of a 100-year border dispute between the US and Mexico.
- El Paso Museum of Art, located downtown, is one of the only accredited art museums in all of West Texas. It serves as a major cultural and educational resource for the region.
- El Paso Zoo is open daily, and always has a lot of family-friendly activities and events scheduled throughout the year.
- Franklin Mountain State Park is the place to go for hiking, biking and rock climbing. It is also a great place for birdwatching and nature watching.
- Hal Marcus Gallery was voted the “Best Gallery in El Paso,” so you definitely want to check this one out! There are some great works on display by local artists.
- TecH2O Center is a great place to explore to get a better understanding and appreciation of water conservation and total water management in the Chihuahuan Desert. It offers a museum-like experience that includes many interactive exhibits.
Looking for more things to do in El Paso? Please visit: https://visitelpaso.com
Fun Things to Do in Lubbock, TX
Did you know that Lubbock is known as the “Hub City”? That is because its highway system looks like the spokes of a wheel, and because it is considered the hub for retain, health care, and much more.
Here are some of our favorite things to do in Lubbock:
- Buddy Holly Center is a must-visit location in Lubbock. It is home to a vast collection of artifacts about Buddy Holly, as well as other performing artists and musicians from West Texas.
- The Lubbock Cultural District is a great place to experience all the art and culture that Lubbock has to offer. There are fine art and musical performances, as well as various festivals and events happening year-round.
- Lubbock Lake Landmark is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a designated National Historic and State Archeological Landmark. It contains evidence of almost 12,000 years of occupation by ancient peoples on the Southern High Plains.
- The Lubbock Symphony Orchestra brings nationally renowned conductors, soloists, and dozens of Lubbock’s professional musicians together for some beautiful, unforgettable performances.
- Moonlight Musicals is a great place for summertime entertainment. Spend your evening enjoying some wonderful outdoor live musical productions.
- Prairie Dog Town is exactly what it sounds like. Go visit the world-famous Prairie Dog Town, which is one of the most popular attractions in Lubbock, and watch these fun animals do their thing.
- Science Spectrum & OMNI Theater is where entertainment and education meet. Explore this hands-on museum that features over 250 interactive science exhibits, a public aquarium, and entertaining programs at the giant OMNI Theater.
- Wineries are also popular destinations in Lubbock. Click here for more information and to plan your visits: Wineries in Lubbock.
For more information about things to do in Lubbock, please visit: https://www.visitlubbock.org
Fun Things to Do in Midland/Odessa Area
The Midland/Odessa area also offers many great opportunities for fun and entertainment. In fact, it has something for everyone.
Here’s a sampling of some of what the Midland/Odessa area has to offer:
- Ellen Noël Art Museum in Odessa is a Texas Smithsonian Affiliate museum that houses works of art from artists throughout the West Texas area.
- The George W. Bush Childhood Home in Midland brings visitors from all over to see the childhood home of the 43rd President of the United States. This is a must-see attraction in Midland!
- Marian West and William Blanton Blakemore Planetarium in Midland houses a state-of-the art Spitx SciDome projector, so go visit this popular attraction and get ready to explore outer space.
- McKinney Park Sprayground in Odessa is the perfect place for the kids to burn off some energy and cool off during the hot days of summer. It offers a variety of spraying and cascading water features, and best of all…it’s free!
- Permian Basin Petroleum Museum in Midland gives visitors a first-hand look at a 230-million-year history, with interactive education and entertainment for people of all ages.
- The Permian Playhouse in Odessa offers great community entertainment in the form of plays, musicals and concerts, as well as educational programs for children and adults alike.
- The Presidential Archives and Leadership Library in Odessa is dedicated to the Office of the Presidency and maintained and administered by the University of Texas – Permian Basin and the John Ben Shepperd Public Leadership Institute.
- Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center in Midland is an impressive, state-of-the art facility, where you can attend Broadway productions and local plays, as well as concerts or performances by somf of your favorite musicians and comedians.
For more information on fun things to do in Midland, please visit: https://www.visitmidland.com.
For more information on fun things to do in Odessa, please visit: https://www.odessacvb.com/visit
Considering Moving To West Texas?
Moving is always a big decision, with many pros and cons. Take your time in making this decision, and get professional help to make the process much easier. Dependable Relo is a team of professionals that can help you with any type of move from residential, military, to cross country or international moving. Contact us today to see if we can help you make your move stress free.
Call Us: (888) 461-3737